Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Being Sick and Staying Home from Work


Yesterday I started out with a fever and coughing. After that I got chilled. My manager monitored a call that I had taken from a fellow wanting to cash out his 401(k) plan and she scored me on the call. I wasn’t feeling well and wasn’t on my “A” game. I got a 72 on the call. This unnerved me. Here I was making an effort to come in and help out when I’m feeling terrible and my reward is a lousy score that will cut into my next bonus. My wife says no good deed will go unpunished.

I was going to tough it out, but I decided that I’d be better off going home and getting some medicine and rest. So I requested to leave at 4 PM. The medicine was the easy part. Because of constant post nasal drip and coughing, it made it near impossible to lay down to sleep. I believe I was up until 3 AM.

I wanted to go into work today. I like to work. I like to feel useful. Not everyone is cut out to do the job that I preform and I think I’m fairly good at it. The center that I work at sounded like a tuberculosis clinic yesterday. I think the guys that get rewarded for never missing a day of work should also be knocked upside the head with a two by four since they came to work when they were sick and spread their disease. These disgusting plague careers.

This morning, I still have a fever and my body aches. The cough has lessened. I called in this morning at 6:30 AM then fixed a couple of pancakes and checked my email. I’m going back to bed.

No comments: