Thursday, April 28, 2005

There's a Poodle Shaped Hole in My Heart Tonight

The phone rang at work 3 times in succession. I couldn't get off the call that I was taking. Linny's words on the voice mail were desparate. Patty, my poodle, had been hit by a car.

I raced home. We couldn't find where the neighbors had taken her. The next door neighbors were so nice. They picked up her lifeless body and rushed her to the veternarian. We finally got there and the doctor came in and apologized. Patty had died.

There is no consolation at this time. Patty was so special to my sweet wife. She was a companion and a protector. Before my wife would have a seizure, Patty would jump up in her lap and lay her body across Linny. Patty was my playmate, my friend and my bed partner. She was so smart. She could talk. She will never be replaced.
She is always in my heart to treasure. Patty, your Mommy and Daddy miss you so much.

May God bless your Poodle soul.

No comments: