Saturday, July 05, 2008

Friendship: On Being Christian

One of my wife's good friends is a witch. Or she as she puts it a wiccan. The subject is usually not discussed, because this lady knows that Linny disapproves. Linny has spoken to her about the Love of God and written to her concerning what God teaches us concerning the occult. Still her friend choses to do her own thing.


What surprises the friend is that Linny will not abandon their friendship. They met through an internet writing group and found out they live close to each other. Both have a fond interest in crafts particularly knitting. So most of the time they knit, talk and drink tea.



Linny is a committed, born again Christian for the past 38 years. She studies the Bible on a daily basis, I have no concerns about their friendship. Perhaps as a younger man I might. I've heard the Scriptures about not being linked with unbelievers and I've also heard those about being in the world, but not of the world.


Though many would alienate those that do not do as I do from our Christian reindeer games, I feel very differently.


Everyone has their own road to travel. I can only hope that I will be a light to those that need it and a friend to those that do not. And though I have my opinions, I was not put here to judge. I have come to appreciate diversity. Family and friendship is a precious gift and is to be dearly valued.


Let your light shine before all men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father, who is in Heaven.

No comments: