The Southern Ten Commandments
Some people have trouble with all those 'shall's' and 'shall not's' in the
Ten Commandments. Folks just aren't used to talking in those terms. So, in middle Tennessee they translated the King James into Jackson County language.....no joke The following was posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Gainesboro, Tennessee.
(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin' afore God
(3) Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(6) No killin'
(7) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal
(8) Don't take what ain't yers
(9) No tellin' tales or gossipin'
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff
Now that's plain an' simple. So follow them rules an' y'all have a nice day!