Monday, January 29, 2007

My Creed

I believe in God, The I AM, The Who Was and The Is and Is Too Come, Who has created all things and loves His creation.




I believe in God Who listens to His people and provides direction to those that trust in Him.





I believe that God provided His Son Jesus as a way to speak and to demonstrate to humanity His love for us. I believe that Jesus was born of a virgin woman, blessed those that had the good fortune to have contact with Him and continues to bless those that call upon him and trust that He was God's Only Son. He was crucified as a covering for our sin and overcame death through His Father’s Promise and ascended into Heaven and awaits the coming of those who love God the Father.






I believe in the Holy Spirit, which was sent to earth by God after His Son Jesus ascended to Heaven. The Holy Spirit is the still small voice in those who trust the Lord and are called according to His purpose. This is what guides us in our lives and encourages us to do the work of the Father.






I believe that I am called to worship the Father not through any group of people, nor by praying to any departed souls to pray to the Father on my behalf.



I believe that when I pray to the Father, He listens and He answers. As His Son asked, I pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus.








I believe that the Bible is the Word of God and that it has been handed down throughout the years by God’s people. I believe that it should be studied to know the historical significance and etymological meaning and context of the text.





I believe that God’s people will be persecuted just as they have throughout history, because evil dwell within this world and the world unseen, but God will draw His people unto Himself in a manner the world will never comprehend.

No comments: